"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, May 05, 2006

Still busy here

Guys, I'm still preparing my eo with all my programs. This weekend I'll start posting a series of how tos of what I have learned so far and some benchmarks. Stay tunned.

Update: I just resized the two partitions leaving D with 4 GB and C with 34 GB. To do that I had to convert D from FAT32 to NTFS and then do the resizing. After that I converted back D to FAT32. This last step is very important because if you system crash and you need to restore files from D you need FAT32 there to gain access to those files easily. During the process I tested the boot from CD feature and I works fine. I used to resize the partitions Norton Partition Magic 8.

16 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I'm a little new. did you use partition magic to change the partitions to NTFS to fat32 and vice versa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I used PM to do the convertion in both ways and to do the resizing. It works very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question that I wanted to know for ever. Can you configure all four buttons on the right side of the device, to be anything you want?

    This questions is more for games. Can you configure the control panel button to the keyboard letter "a" for instance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to me that it's possible for what I can see on that configuration panel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being in Standby that battery drains around 3% per hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about out of standby, just doing normal tasks, with full battery saving ON?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still checking. I'll go back to this point (battery, later this weekend). But... be prepared to charge back your credit card when the extended battery is available at TabletKiosk because you are going to need it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I think that's why I want to know the battery life of the standard. I will buy the extended, but knowing the standard buying life will help gaudge the extended life.

    I hoping under with Wifi on, and under a heavy load it last 2 hours.

    That way the extended will atleast go 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't want to say anything until I get my numbers but you really will need the extended battery, believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My eo is showing 25!!!! gb used on the d drive (i got an 80 gb drive). Since it is part of the same batch you got... any idea why so much space is used?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope. D you have a little more of 2.6 GB used because it includes the images in Japanese and English. The rest should be free space in your case.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the reply.
    nope- it shows a full 26 gb used but nothing seems to be occupying that much space. Is it possible that for some reasong the device is reading the free space as used? Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  13. In Start/Run type CMD
    there type CHKDSK /F D:
    and after that enter and see if that does anything.
    Another thing that you can do is check what you can see of that volume in the device manager.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm trying to put today a guide about how to change the video memory from 16 to 64.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm trying to put today a guide about how to change the video memory from 16 to 64.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.