"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, May 22, 2006

I still asking myself

I still asking myself what means Mark 4.5, yeah, I know about BatteryMark, etc, but I still don't understand what they did to get 2.5+ hours of battery life. I'm saying this because while I was tracking down info about the Vusys Dokodemo, I found Play.com selling it and advertising the "Re-chargeable 26w Lithium ION Battery (2200mAh), 2.5+ hours battery life under mark 4.5 (4 hours with optional extended battery)".

I really hope that that device really have more than 2.5 hours of battery.



2 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what "under mark 4.5" means either, but I have a hunch that phrase probably originated with Amtek.

    I doubt very much that TabletKiosk or any of the other resellers had done any battery life measurements prior to posting the specs on their sites. Instead, I would guess they simply posted what Amtek told them the specs would be.

    Considering that the Dokedemo appears to be yet another re-branding of the Amtek UMPC, I can't imagine that it will have battery life substantially different than the eo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that's what I think happened. But do not forget that TabletKiosk had prototypes around since long time before these units were shipped, and that at least one of the reviewers mentioned the poor battery life and that they mentioned a BIOS update. If you check the BIOS date in our machine you will find that it was released last month. But my guess is that AMTek did not do a good job on that one either and TabletKiosk trusted them and released these units right after they got the bios update thinking that the battery life issue was fixed with that patch.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.