"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Should I return my eo?

If you are asking yourself this question I would recommend you to read this nice article written by Jeffrey Graebner at his blog. He summarize magnifically the Battery life controversy in eos devices.
I would probably seriously consider returning my eo if there were another UMPC on the market that met my needs as well, while giving a better battery life. Right now, that just isn’t the case. The Samsung Q1 may do better in the battery life, but it falls short of my needs in the area of storage space. I also don’t like the user interface nearly as well. Sony’s just announced UX-series UMPCs also look nice, but they are too small, too expensive, and also fall short in the storage capacity.

At least for now, it looks to me like it is basically a choice between the eo and no UMPC at all. Barring any changes in circumstances in the next couple weeks, I’m pretty sure I’ll stay with the eo
.
That's my same position. the eo has serious issues that need to be fixed, but so far, it's the best UMPC in the market for my needs. BTW, Jeffrey, I'm blogging this from my bed with my eo!

5 comments:

  1. No, I'm getting the same 90 mins than others with 5400 RPM. that's one of the things I checked in the beginning of this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hitachi 7200 RPM works great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JK, the Hitachi 7200 RPM does not use more battery than any other brand at 5400. Thus a proven fact, as a matter of facts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops! change "thus" for "that's" in my previous post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can confirm that the devices with the 5400 RPM drives get about 90 minutes (or less) of battery life as well. I have a 5400 RPM 100GB drive in mine.


    Thanks for the kind words about my blog post, Frank!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.