"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Review: Boxwave P1610 Screen Protector

As some of you already know a recently bought a Fujitsu P1610. And I'm not different than anyone of you, once I got it I went looking around for accessories. My first stop was Boxwave  (Affiliated Link), the reason: a good screen protector.

P5080017

My relationship with screen protectors is a love-hate type. I hate it because it takes me long time to install one and I always get some dust under it. I love it because it keeps my screen as new. And this is a very important thing when you are selling your machine to buy your next one. Why Boxwave? Because I have been using their screen protectors for the last 4 years or more and their are one of the best I ever have used or tested.

P5080023

I have been using in my Q1 the Boxwave Antiglare but this time I went for the ClearTouch Crystal one. The P1610 has a very bright screen and I wanted to preserve it in this way and the crystal version has a 99% transparency preserving the color brilliance.

The installation of this protector is a very easy process if you follow the instructions printed in the back of package.

P5080022

Another good point is that this protector is washable, this increase the life of this product.

P5080021

Conclusion

Screen Protectors are one of those accessories that are simply "Must Have". A Tablet PC is not cheap and anything you can do to protect it you will get it back in one way or another when you decide to sell it to buy your next gadget. Boxwave has many years of experience making protectors and my experience with them has always been good. As a known freelancer I have the chance to test any of the protectors in the market, but the one I'm using right now protecting the screen of my P1610 while I'm writing this review is the Cleartouch Crystal from Boxwave.

12 comments:

  1. Does it affect the responsiveness of the touch screen at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, so far I have not found any evidence of that happening.
    Keep in mind that the P1610 screen has a palm rejection feature and it's not that responsive to touch like the screen in my Q1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the 1620 (and had a Q1P) I'll have to pick up one of the screen protector if your trial run goes well.

    How you liking the 1610 so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the screen protector so far.
    About the P1610, I always like the machine. Of course, the P1620 is better but too expensive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just wondering, why dont ya do ink blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is not that easy...
    But I'm inking right now this comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I post out to my blog (which is very rare) I do ink, use MS's live writer tool with the ink plugin, works pretty well IMO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I have used that, but I have to set a ftp site, that´s one of the problem, the other problem is that English is my second language and the TIP helps me a lot with this problem. Then you are inking you don´t have any kind of correction.

    I ink a lot at www.todoumpc.com, a Spanish website about todoUMPC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW, at todoUMPC we have the first forum supporting INK that I know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've actually got mine to work without ftp by using picasa.

    Ah ok, I didn't know Engilsh was your 2nd language, that's very cool about todoUMPC, I'll have to use babelfish or google's translate tool but I will have a look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could you guide me a little bit about where I can find info in about how to set it to use Picasa? I even do not have an account with Picasa. I use Flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Off the top of my head, I believe all you have to do is sign up for a picasa account (which you should have as you have a blogger acct)

    Then under your account settings in windows live writer tell it to upload photos to your weblog.

    I also have the picasa & ink plugin installed on windows live writer.

    I may have missed something though, i'm pulling it from the top of my head

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.