"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Axim got a face lift

sshot002Probably I'm not supposed to talk about it here but what the heck, Dell abandoned me on this matter so... I installed WM6.1 in my Axim X51v and I'm glad that I did it. It's like I bought a new Pocket PC. My Axim works faster than when it was using the so called "legal" WM5 ROM from Dell.

One of the reason why I have not done it before was because many of these 3rd parties ROM do not work well with .Net applications and in my work with Tweaks2K2 that's really important. But these ROM have gone a very long way from the point of view of quality. The one I'm using does not have to envy anything to any of the ROM released by Dell in the past.

3 comments:

  1. I have been considering this, but haven't had the nerve to try it yet. Can I ask if you used the 'football' ROM or some oher, and what version....no need to post links, if that makes you nervous, since we're somewhat in a gray area...but overall impression of the entire process would be great to read...
    Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Lennysh, you can find info about it in the Mobilitysite.com forum.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.