"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Zoom Player

The other day as part of some tests Steve from CarryPad asked me to install Zoom Player. I have been using VLC that's a freeware of a very good quality but Zoom really impressed me. This tool allows you to use any filter that you may have installed on your PC or download and install new filters. For example you can use the video decoder filters of programs like RealPlayer, QTime, PowerDVD and WinDVD and this means only one thing: You can play all these different formats from just one tool: Zoom Player.

The program has a free version that works Ok, but the pro version gives you many other options like the DVD mode that converts your PC in virtually a DVD player.

One only thing I did not like; after I paid for the program I had to wait for more than 24 hours for the unlock key. I'm a developer that use the same system or almost the same payment mechanism (PayPal) than the one used by Zoom's developer and I try very hard to have a maximum of 8 hours wait in the worse of the cases that's when somebody place an order when I'm sleeping.

I would recommend Zoom's developer to buy an origami; that has helped me a lot to keep my clients pleased and the wait period the shorter that it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.