"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

eo Recall: I HAVE MY EO BACK

Yes, I just received a few minutes ago. First impressions:


  • The unit has been replaced completely in my case. I had a little noise coming from the CPU fan in my old unit and I reported this when I sent it. Probably they thought that replacing the back cover was going to be the best solution in my case.

  • The Battery is new too.

  • I turn it on, I'm at work so I could not spend too much time testing anything but NHC reports a battery level of 67% - 1 hour and 20 minutes (that was the battery life of my old unit when the battery was full changed) and the screen at 25% of Brightness. NHC is also reporting around 12 W of power consumption under these conditions of brightness and no heave use. If we have 1 hour and 20 mins at 67 % that gives us around 2 hours at 100%. But... These are just predictions. I will have to run some real tests to confirm these numbers later today.


I did not have time to check the C3 state but considering these numbers I can say that the C3 State issue still there. I did not check neither the BIOS version to see if this has been updated.

Conclusion: For now I'm happy... I got a full new unit. I got the plastic stand, a Recover DVD and a CD with all drivers. I received too a nice T-Shirt cortesy of TabletKiosk. I don't think for what I have seen so far that the results of my new serie of tests are going to be different from what has been reported by Steve at CarryPad.com. It seems to me that these are the same units from a same batch.

8 comments:

  1. so...are you saying that they just took the harddrive out of your old one and put it in a brand new unit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. The HDD and the RAM. Well, I don't know if the 1 GB of memory is the same that I had before but I can tell you that the HDD is the same and I got the same amount of RAM and that the rest is completely new, including the Battery. :D

    Seems to me a very good "recall" :D don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thing is that it seems to me that is running cooler at least with batteries. I have to check this point when I get back home and the unit is connected to power because it's on that way when it gets really hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CTitanic let me know how your testing goes. I have not returned my demo unit yet as it has been doing the rounds with the UK computer press, appearing on the cover of PC Format (see Hugo's blog http://ubertablet.blogspot.com/), as well as in PC Plus.

    Glyn Evans
    PocketPC Solutions & TabletKiosk UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, as you have seen my first impressions are good. Could be better but at least if everything goes as I think it should go at this state, I think that you can start selling them as soon as you get your "good batch" :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. CTitanic, we have had our first batch of eo's and have sold all but 1.

    Glyn Evans
    PocketPC Solutions & TabletKiosk UK

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.