"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, June 23, 2006

Samsung Q1 Battery problems

According to some users at Origami Project Forum they are "having problems with Q1 batteries, also concerning enourmos loss of battery power over a short period of time."
what's happening is that if I'm using it on battery power and I shut down (not standby or hibernate mode) with maybe about 10 - 20% or about 1 hours battery power left. And I come back to it about 10 hours later (i.e. overnight) then it won't turn on. when I plug it into the mains and immediately boot it up it tells me that the battery life its only 2% and charging - One of the Q1 Owners said.

More comments like this one can be found here.
Yesterday I noticed that the battery of my Q1 is draining much faster than it used to. I didn't change the brightness, or the battery settings. I didn't even install any new software. - Said Hamtaro

It's weird just last night, I was playing a MSN game and listening to music on my Q1 with WIFI on, and brightness at 3. It was on a full charge. About an hour later I check the battery and it's at 59%. Sounds OK. I'm note sure how much time later, but I check again and it's at 22%. It looked like at this rate I would get about 2:10, which is what I usually get. All of a sudden no more then 5 minutes later, I get a low battery warning at 5%. 17% in 5 minutes? Weird. - mvenini11

The weird thing is that these two users tested again the batteries after these problems and they did not find any thing wrong in their tests. In other cases, users are reporting Wear Levels up to 11%, something that is not normal in a new battery.
Using my Q1 today and having to charge it another two times (oh how I am sooo wanting the extended battery) my wear jumped from the 3% up to 7%. - Tuatara

I got my Q1 two weeks ago. Wear level was 7% when first I checked yesterday. I did the bios reset thing and now wear level is 11%??? - Chrisb

My brand new battery stated a wear level of 3%. - Maverick

Seems to me that even the Giant Samsung is not escaping without problems from this first round in the Origamis Arena where the common issue has been Battery Life.

10 comments:

  1. Honestly I have not seen that problem since it happened. I average about 2:10 - 2:15 with WIFI On.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you, but as you can see, more than 1, even more than 5 different owners are reporting problems and all of them basically the same problems: wear levels that are unusual in a new battery and battery draining too fast.

    If you want my opinion. The second case probably could be a bug in the Power Management Software reporting the wrong Battery Level because some of those people have reported that in second tests the battery worked fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They had this problem with their mobile phones as well. Come on Mugen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope UNIFIRM start selling batteries for Q1 and eos! I love Mungen Power Batteries! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin, probably is a problem with NHC and the Samsung because eo owner do not have this problem with the Wearing level. In any case, it seems to me that something weird is going on with Q1 batteries and that's what I wanted to report here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May be I'm wrong but I think that the Wear Level is calculated using the Battery Full Capacity (new battery never used) and the actual or real capacity at the moment of the calculation. Those are the two parameters read by the program and based on them the Wear Level is calculated. Either NHC did not read the Full Capacity properly or Samsung Battery reported a full capacity that it never had (bigger that what it really had). There are some people including me that think that the problem is in the battery no in the program. The battery reported a bad number.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had a Samsung Q1 for only a year and very limited use - about 100 hours. The battery is completely gone - will not charge to more than 4 percent.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.