"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Talking about Screen Protectors...

I was mentioning here the other day a screen protector that is sold on ebay for a few dollars. Well, JKOnTheRun has posted a very good review about this screen protector. Kevin does not like the screen protectors and I think that he is missing a point. I have been using Pocket PCs for a long time and they almost always end in ebay as soon as I need to get the latest device for my testings with Tweask2K2. The screen protector is always a point that has helped me to get a few dollars more for my devices. People like when they read that the screen looks like new because always has been used protected with a screen protector.

My eo eventually will end on ebay unless TabletKiosk implements some kind of trade in program, so I'll protect my screen in the hope to get a few dollars more when the time comes.

3 comments:

  1. I have a question for you. Most of my devices end up on Ebay as well, but don't you feel like you are renting or leasing them for a time? Are you really ever owning a device, if you know you will sell it when a new device comes out?

    I do the same thing, I just wanted to get your thoughts. I'm going to TRY to keep the Q1 when it's time to get a new device. Maybe lend it to my wife or sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, basically that's the way I think. I'm leasing a device. Once I learned to keep that in mind I never get in love with any of them because when you fall inlove it's very hard to sell it on ebay ;-)

    That's why when I talk about the eo I defend only the reason or points that I like in the device that made me buy it, but I do not have any problem in saying all the bad things that I have found on it.

    I only have kept one PPC that I gave to my daughter trying to introduce her to this world but that one ended unused hidden in a desk. That was total lost.

    Of course this system works for me in PPCs what have a price of around 400 dollars and I'm developing for them. So I really need to change PPCs often. In the case of UMPC the price is higher so I'll try to keep the eo until I get a very low price in the next UMPC or a very good deal selling the eo so my lost/lease do not go over the 200~300 dollars.

    In another hand... I still have not release any program for UMPCs yet. That's another point that I have to consider. If I do not develop for UMPCs then I'll keep the eo for a long time as companion PC. If I develop for UMPCs then I can justify to switch them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if the devices you are using are similar, but the sony U50 / U70 / U71 / U750 had a common problem not covered by warranty : the anti-glare film on the touch screen would flake off, the only way to really prevent this was by applying a good screen protector when you first start to use it... $10 - $20 screen protector v's $1000 ugly flaking film screen replacement... hard descision consider you can hardly see most screen protectors once applied....

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.