"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, August 13, 2007

Would you like to use your UMPC as a phone?

I was reading this post at Pocketables.net and reading the following fragment made me think: do I really want to have a cellphone integrated in my UMPC?

Personally, I don't see the point of putting a semi-smartphone ("semi" because there aren't any cellular calling features) into a comparatively large UMPC. Since the Shift can't be used as a phone, you'd still have to carry a phone.

I don't think so. I really prefer to have my phone and use it as a modem or my UMPC with a data connection like it's in the HTC Shift or with a WiMax internal modem. If you ask me why is that I would say that one I think of an UMPC with a phone integrated on it that reminds me the iPhone locked to AT&T. Yeah, I know that probably in the near future we will see hacks to unlock the iPhone but... do I really need another aggravation in my life? In another hand, the type and size of UMPC that I like is really not that comfortable to have it using it as a phone. I know that the idea in those cases is to used with a BT Headset but that does not convince me either.

But you, my dear reader, what do you think? Do you like the idea of having your cellular phone integrated to your UMPC? Vote in this poll.

Technorati Tags:

[Discuss This News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.