"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, August 13, 2007

Why I switched from PPC to UMPC

 parekh-20070812-zoomvncI still working in Pocket PC applications and as part of that I read a lot of news about that platform. Today I found about this tool.

"zoomVNC is a cutting edge VNC (Virtual Network Computing) client for PocketPCs, allowing you to access machines remotely while out on the road or simply away from your desk. Featuring modern protocol support, macros and zoom, you can control any type of system remotely, using on-screen keys to support macros, key combinations or unusual modifier keys, zooming in from whole screen to 400%, and hardware keyboard support."

This application is probably a great tool but check the above screen shot. Do you see how little space is left in the screen to work with this PPC version of VNC viewer? One of the tools I use often in my UMPC is the VNC Viewer and I love how it works on it. Even at 800x480 still enjoyable.

 [Discuss this News ]

1 comment:

  1. That's the coolest app I use on my Q1 Frank. VNC Viewer 4 actually helps me make money at work!

    Anywho... Next week I'm buying an HTC Advantage, the ginormus WM6 Pro Smartphone. I'll send you a screenshot using VNC Viewer from that 5 inch VGA screen to post. I think you might have to reconsider after that. At least I hope so...

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.