"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, August 06, 2007

Wibrain: the Q1U killer?

200708060955369202

I love this device design... the only thing that I do not like because I just can't use/work/live with that is the 4.8 screen.

Wibrain unveiled a product sample of its business UMPC ‘B1(project name)’.


It adopts 4.8-inch touchscreen LCD having 1024x600 resolution and runs on VIA C7M ULV CPU/VX700 GPU which enables users to enjoy high performance at moderate price. Containing 802.11b/g WLAN, Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity and 0.3M camera, it is also planned to feature GSM/GPRS/EDGE 4 band and HSDPA 3band.

According to Aving USA, users will be able to select speeds between 1GHz to 1.6GHz, from 512MB to 1 GB of RAM and HDD from 30, 60 and 80 GB. A VIA processor running at 1.6 GHz performs better/faster than a A110 at 800 MHz, this is why I ask myself: would be this the Q1U killer. Just the GSM/GPRS/EDGE and HSDPA services will make many to consider this device seriously.

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. It's ugly. Really ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody is saying the same. But I like it. It reminds me my 80s when I was in college and I owned one of those Casios with Basic installed.

    But the best point this UMPC has is connectivity.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.