"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, July 28, 2006

Moving your music collection

I'm sure that many of you guys are thinking about to move your iTune collection to your UMPC and for sure you already found that this is one of the most difficult task that you ever will find. Well, I found a program that will help you to do that: Copypod.

Copypod allows you to copy your music files from your iPod to your UMPC, including your ratings, how many times you have played a song, when was the last time and It also copies your playlists. I moved my music collection of about 4000 soungs from my notebook to my eo. The process is a little bit tricky, first the program refresth the list of songs, then it copies it to your iTunes folder, after that it launch iTunes to refresh your sounds and import your playlists (Be aware that you can't use iTunes during this process).

Once is done, you will have to syncronize again your iPod with your UMPC. It seems to me that this happens to me because the whole process ended with some mistakes in some of my playlists. But I'm not sure about this point. During the sync process all your songs and playlist are copied back to your iPod.

One thing I did not like about this program. It converts the smart playlists into just regular playlists. I think that this is due to the fact that in your iPod you do not carry the query to create these lists, your iPod carry only the playlist, so that means that even when you get your playlists in your UMPC, they are not "smart" and you will have to end recreating them.

The whole process can take you from 2 hours to 4 hours depending of how many songs do you have in your iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.