"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, April 03, 2006

Dr. Neil and the Origami

Yes, Dr. Neil got one of the prototype to play with this weekend and I'll highlight here some of his comments about it:

  • It takes a bit of getting accustomed to a touch screen. I am used to the screen only reacting to my stylus. After an hour with the UMPC I went back to my Sahara slate and found myself trying to use my finger to interact with the machine. Touch is a very intuitive way to interact with a user interface.

  • If the battery lasted a bit longer (getting just over 2 hours on this one) I would like it as a portable media player.

  • I would recommend getting one with 512MB of RAM, or more... the device will be unusable for much more than web browsing. I expect many sold with this configuration (256 MB RAM/30 GB HDD) will lead to disappointment.


So I was right when I preordered mine with 1 GB of RAM, 40 GB/5400 RPM HDD and an extended battery!

He also talked in his post about how useful would be to be keep the UMPC synced with a main PC and I pointed him to this topic here, in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.