"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Day 2 - will UMPC replace Tablet PC?

A controversy between Tablet PC Bloggers and UMPC Bloggers has started regarding to this question as you can see from this post. I think that UMPC will not replace Tablet PCs but they will help them to become more accessible to everybody. Just look the below picture where you can see what happened as soon as the Origami Project was reveled to the world.


The price tag of almost 1900 dollars has disappeared!


UMPCs wont replace Pocket PCs because Pocket PCs are already dead, they have been replaced by Phones with Pocket PC functions. UMPC wont replace Tablet PCs, what we are going to see is a huge wide market of TOUCH SCREEN and Magnetic screen devices that will start with UMPC, continue with Tablet PC/Laptop hybrids and end in pure Tablet PCs. I fully 100% agree with those that point that UMPCs, thanks to a very low price, will show the world "the benefits of inking and touch". Benefits that the Tablet PCs failed to market due to prohibitive prices. Tablet PCs prices in a near future will be as low as the one that we see in current Laptops. In fact, we are going to see with Tablet PCs the same price evolution that we saw with Laptops.

2 comments:

  1. Good response.

    I agree, UMPC will intor a lot of people to digital ink, and I think result in more people wanting more, thus a move toward Tablets. I think the opposite will also be true, that those who use tablet as a laptop but liked ink may buy UMPC for thos times when they want to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I use Laptops as my main PC since 1994. I became refurbished laptop hunter because in the early year to buy a laptop was prohibitive due to high prices. I trash laptops every 2 years. My current one is a Compaq nx9010, 3 GHz Pentium 4 M and 1 GB of RAM and it has became clear to me that my next PC is going to be a Tablet PC, a hybrid probably. I think that I will trash my current laptop in about a year or year and a half and I think that on that time I will be able to buy a good tablet pc for around 1000 dollars. I can tell you, I like the LS800 and I expect to see Motion selling those or a Tablet PC with that form fact for around 1000 dollars in less than a year.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.