"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Full Tablet PC Support for Sony Vaio UXs

Ultra Mobile PC Tips is all about finding solutions or workarounds for those problems or bugs left in these machines by the "Big Guys". This is why when a few days ago somebody asked me at todoUMPC for help getting full TabletPC support in the Sony Vaio UX series the fact that I do not have one did not stop me.

I had that problem before in my Q1 when the HID driver was not available. And part of the problem was fixed by changing 2 registry keys using this VBScript. But for my surprise this hack did not work in Sony UX. At todoUMPC a friend mentioned that at Micro PC Talk somebody found that installing the Wacom driver gave the UX "Partial" Tablet PC support and I said "partial" because there was not ink support in Outlook 2007 after this driver installation. Then I remembered about my VBScript and that was the final touch to fix the whole issue.

After installing the Wacom Driver and applying the VBScript the Vaio UX gained full Tablet PC functionality and full Ink support in all Office 2007 including Outlook.

The Wacom Driver does not do anything but fool Vista making it think that the unit uses a Wacom Digitizer. After installing the driver you will notice a Wacom icon in the Control Panel, but that icon does not work.

Note apart, It's unbelievable to see how a company like Sony makes such mistake. In another hand I want to thank todoUMPC guys for helping to find this solution and test it in them devices.

9 comments:

  1. Hello!! I was looking for e-mail for a couple questions ...
    Here I go ... I have a Q1, just did 2 gig ram, avs did not work,I installed avs again (v.a14) and after xp .. It still does not work, any suggestions?

    Fabio (cabrajac(at)gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting an error message in mine too but mine was not working before the upgrade. After the 1Gb upgrade I freed and it worked couple of times and did not work any more. That partition is BS! It's a close partition where you can't do anything, install anything, even codecs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the info ... I'm going to free the partition.
    Here a little software that you could check it out ... 1st Its is free for non-comecial and really handy .... http://www.visualtasktips.com/

    Fabio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, keep me informed, I'm also thinking about doing something with that partition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About Visual Task Tips, looks good but I don't think that it's practical in my Q1 where I do not have a mouse joystick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just one more thing ... How fast after you upgrade the HD 100(7200). Did U upgrade it, right? Fabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. I upgraded my eo v7110 and I can tell you that the difference is very noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the partition, I'm looking for to use Linux, some kinda AVS now ... but using Linux .. I'll let you know. Fabio

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.