"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

About Samsung Support

Samsung has released the drivers and software for Samsung Q1 Ultra at their Support Page. It's interesting to see how fast Samsung is working for a device that is not yet in the market while at the same time no drivers or software have been posted for current Q1p with Vista installed.

Money money money... That's all I'm saying. Support files for a device that is not yet in the market, while there are not support files for the one is currently being sold.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a shame but it shouldn't come as a surprise. Last week I finally dumped T-Mobile for Sprint. I left the Sprint store with a new Treo 700wx running WM5. Think it'll ever see WM6? I seriously doubt it. But that's ok, it works just fine for me and I knew going into that whatever I get with it is probably all I'm ever going to get. Likewise with the Q1. Yes, it's kind of cheesy for Samsung to demand the prices they do and then ignore the device but when I bought the Q1, I knew what I was getting into and figured I'd be lucky if it ever ran Vista. And frankly, the drivers available for the Q1P and that HID driver make Vista a good experience on the Q1. It might be nice if it supported Aero but Aero doesn't do much for me to start with so it's no big loss.

    Just my two cents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...as an aside, I think it'll be interesting to see how quickly the first Apple phones are rendered obsolete by Apple's ignoring them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or what version of Vista is becoming obsolete first :D

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.