"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Is the pricey upgrade worth it when using a Q1 with a hard drive?

I think so and more when you are using a very slow HDD. More memory means less HDD access for the majority of the heavy programs. Where I have seen an evident increase in performance?

1- Browsing the web. When I scroll pages the screen is refreshed a lot faster.
2- Start Menu Opens faster.
3- Outlook works faster refreshing the email preview screen. The inking tool works faster too. I have an image in my signature and the process of inserting the signature is quicker.
3- File explorer refresh folder contest faster. Thumbnail views are refreshed faster.
4- Windows More Maker responds better.
5- Editing pictures is now a lot faster too.

$173 seems to me a fair price taking in consideration how this easy to do upgrade helps with performance. Of course I would have liked to pay less but... I do not regret this buy.

1 comment:

  1. Good enough, I'll have to try it. $173 is fair, but only if it makes a noticable difference. I didn't want to drop that kind of money on something that would make as much difference as going from an MDA to a Wing. ;-) If it makes Office 2007 tolerable, it's worth it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.