"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, May 11, 2007

Why BT should be On the whole time?

There was something that always bothered me from the Samsung Q1, and it's the fact that the BT chip is always on. It bothered me but I assumed that it should not consuming too much battery so I did not think too much about it.

But recently I have been working with John, user of OrigamiProject forum, trying to find why he is getting less battery life than me. Well, according to John's tests that he asked me to check and that I confirmed with the same numbers, the BT On in our Q1 uses 1 Watt of power. That's 10% of the power used by this UMPC! And basically wasted doing nothing. I checked to see if there is any easy way to turn off the BT but I could find any beside going into the Device Manager and disable it there, and that option does not seem to me something that I would be willing to do all time. There should be a way to turn off the BT from the task trail, or from Desktop. Do you know of any?