"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Battery Life still an issue

According to this Q1 Ultra review even with a weaker processor the battery life still an issue.

Alas, the battery-life problems remain. In my tests, where I turn off all power-saving software, use maximum screen brightness, turn on the Wi-Fi and play an endless loop of music, the standard battery lasted just two hours and five minutes, which translates to about three hours in more normal usage.

I'm praying for the 2 Gb of RAM working in my Q1. That will keep me going until 2008 where Intel should release the next generation of processors because this one is just BS: no performance but no battery life either.

2 comments:

  1. There's a non-Samsung replacement standard battery for the original Q1 available on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/Access-Power for $77.50 that's much better than the OEM battery. I'm getting more than 2 hours whilst connected to wireless with my Q1-SSD 900 Celeron running XP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip but I could not find any battery for Q1s there.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.