"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, May 04, 2007

What Ms has to say about Battery life

Recently CNET published an article about battery life on Vista. I have to confess that I have not read it because everything that I have read lately about UMPC at CNET is pure crap. And I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who think the same.

Here is an article about Vista Power Management written by one of Microsoft's Employees that talks about CNET article and here what he says:

Out-of-the-box power settings are not ideal for my uses, I don’t think the article was particularly fair. For example, they didn’t even bother to cite actual battery life comparisons - nor compare the default power settings from different OEMs.


This explains why I have noticed a better battery life using Samsung's Profile than using Microsoft Power Saving Profile. For those asking what's different in Samsung's Profile I have taken a few screen shots of it and I uploaded them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.