"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, February 26, 2007

I got my Ink Tool Button Back!

Ok, one thing that I missed a lot in my Q1 with Vista is the Ink Tool Button is Office 2007.

Well, I got it back! How? Hacking the Registry!

Here are the instructions:
1- Open the registry editor.
2- Look for this key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Tablet PC]

3- Change the permissions of these key using this menu:


Capture1


Capture2

Change it for both users groups.

4- Once you have changed the permissions, unzip the following file and run the .vbs (VBScript File):

File

There is only one problem; these changes are not kept once you turn off and turn on the Q1. The permissions are kept but not the new values. One possible solution is to copy this VBScript file into your start up folder. (I´m currently looking for a way to run the VBScript file before Vista Log on Screen as a policy or a service).


Capture3

As you can see Samsung, we will find a way to make it work with or without your help.