"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Vista Performance Score

One of the features that I like most from Vista is the Performance Score. This score will help users to find what applications and specially games will run or not in their machines. It will also help when you are buying a PC if you are looking for the strongest or faster PC in the market.

Today, Kevin at JKonTheRun has published a nice article about his experience installing Vista in his Samsung Q1. And He posted Vista Performance Score for his device.

q1score

And here is Vista Performance Score for my TabletKiosk eo v7110:

eo score

Vista's score for both machines is 1.0 based in the smaller score that is the one for the 3D graphics. But I have a different way to analyze these scores and that's calculating the Average Score. In the Samsung Q1 it's 2.6 and the eo V7110 is 2.36

No a big difference as you can see. But keep in mind that eo's score in my case is higher thanks to a HDD running at 7200 RPM while Samsung's HDD runs at 4800 RPM. One point that got my attention was the Memory score where the Q1 scored 4.5 while my eo scored 2.3 if the eo had that score the average score would have been 2.8

I can't remember now what kind of memory I installed in my eo but one thing is for sure, the one used in Kevin's Q1 is a lot faster. And also without any doubt, Samsung Q1 is a faster machine compared to a "regular" TabletKiosk eo V7110. I'm glad that I opted to install the 7200 RPM HDD that makes a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.