"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, June 08, 2007

Now this little guy is satisfied for real

Have I ever said that I was born in a city by the see where mostly half of people make a living from the see and the other half maintaining the first  half? So putting everything in a fishermen language, the fish could not resist my bait. So now I (this little guy Wink) got what I wanted a full video/explanation of why Hugo downgraded to an OQO 02:

If UberTablet were a family I guess Frank Garcia (Ctitanic) would sure be part of it. He recently picked on me for downgrading from a perfectly good Samsung Q1P to the OQO model 02. In my defense I posted some thoughts yesterday and I seemed to have pleased the little guy with my response. Having said that I believe my job as head of the family remains unaccomplished until the entire family is debriefed and up to speed with Frank and me.

Why_the_OQO_HugoHugo is a seller by nature, so if anyone could convince me that the OQO 02 is a better choice that's him. After viewing Hugo's video the only thing that I can say is: What is good for some people could be not the best thing for you. Always remember that when you are buying anything. I enumerated clearly the reasons why I would no go for a OQO 02. I have a VIA UMPC, I have tested another one and I'm convinced that VIA Processors are just not for me. I need more performance for what I'm doing. So even if I would not have to pay for it I would not use the OQO 02 as my main machine.

There are two things that I did not mentioned in my list of facts was the screen size. Even if I wanted to go with a smaller than 7 inches screen I do not think that due to my myopia that would have worked. I use contact lenses to correct my far vision so I can not read very small letters. And this is why I always advice people thinking about to buy a 5 inches UMPC to test it before they pay for it. To check if they feel good with that screen size.  The Second thing is that I never use a keyboard in my Q1. Unless I have to write very very long articles. And that happens not that often and for that I have a BT Stowaway Keyboard. So not being a keyboard kind of guy to me the OQO does not represent any advantage because like the same Hugo says, if he has to write a long article he connects the OQO to a keyboard.

Anyway... I would like to thank Hugo for biting the bait and releasing this incomparable video explanation. Bravo Hugo! Thumbs-up

Again, the bottom line is just one. Reviews are good, but always remember one thing and this is the main reason why I avoid to answer questions asking me what is the best UMPC to buy:

What is good for one person could be the worse thing for other.

 

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. My personal take on the keyboard question is, even filling out passwords and simple forms suck with an on screen keyboard or handwriting recognition. You'll never write a novel on the OQO keyboard, and I'd probably pack an external keyboard as well when I travel cross country. But not having any keyboard on my last one (Sony U750P) was just no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not say no having one, I said I have a BT Stowaway Keyboard. But that sits at home. I do not have problems putting passwords using the on screen keyboard. Putting passwords suck in any form if you are using any kind of keyboards, lets put it in this way.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.