"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

VLite.... Bravisimo!

Today one of our readers pointed me to VLite, a freeware that allows you to customize your Vista Installation. I installed to check it and what I saw really impressed me. First of all you can get rid of anything that you may not want to install, like languages, games, etc. Secondly and very important you can add your own drivers. For example, you can add the default drivers that came with your UMPC and they will be installed instead of Vista drivers. And the last thing is that you can disable certain features of Vista that you may not want like the User Control Agent. And talking about hacking in one of the screen you can see a hack to Force the use of Aero. I wonder if by selecting this we will be able to see Aero running in some of our UMPC.

vlist

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard anything on Samsung Vista drivers? Vista is certainly slowing my productivity on my Q1b and unless we get drivers soon, I think I may go back to XP.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I have not received any update from them. They asked me few questions about the HID and that's it.

    For you is going to be harder than for us, and I'll tell you why. In a few days some new owners will receive already the Q1P with Vista installed. The drivers for the Q1P, beside the one for Intel chipset, are the same than the one used in the Q1 Celeron. did you get my point?

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.