"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, September 22, 2006

iTunes movies and Amtek T700: a bad marriage

I bought one of the LOST episodes in iTunes movie store to confirm that eo V7110 and iTunes movies are a waste of money. No matter what I did to tweak QuickTime, it's performance is choppy. It works better than what I experienced playing a movie preview within iTune but still not a good experience.

So eo v7110 owners, do not waste your money in iTunes movies. QuickTime and Amtek T700 are just a bad marriage... thanks to VIA video drivers I should add. The Amtek T700 aka eo V7110 has enough recourses -including 64 MB of shared video memory - to play movies no matter what program is used.

Update: Somebody (Jeff from LA) has pointed me that probably the problem here is QuickTime and iTunes that are very well known resource suckers. And I would say that probably are both, Apple and VIA the cause of this issue in Amtek T700. The reason why I blame on VIA drivers is because for example, PowerDVD and WinDVD have the same problems if they are using filters that are not prepared to use VIA video drivers. I think that that's one of the problem here. Quicktime can't use any of the hardware capabilities of VIA video chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.