"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What is going on with the Q1 for USA?

Well, I have been reading the User Manual for the Q1 posted in the FCC site and I'm all confused. They do not mention the Antenna in there and what is for! The only time they mentioned it was to ask not to touch it while the device is transmitting or receiving. And my question is, transmitting and receiving what?

Another point is that the device that is going to be sold in USA uses an Intel Celeron processor and does not include GPS. So after all this, the Samsung Q1 does not seem to me in any way better than the eo V7110 from TabletKiosk.

3 comments:

  1. I suspect that the antenna mentioned in there is a generic caution for RF devices like the 802.11g and Bluetooth; Samsung is better than some companies from the Far East, but I find that a little "engrish" does creep into their manuals from time to time. None of the illustrations in their guidebook show an external antenna.

    To give them credit, Samsung never did say anything about GPS support; indeed, I browsed on the assumption that it did not contain one and considered it a plus, as I wouldn't really use a GPS and so it'd be a ballast weight I'd have paid for just to carry around permanently shut off to avoid battery drain.

    (I'm leaning towards the Q1 myself, but that awaits the price and more details on what's in the package.)

    -- Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, maybe I'm wrong about the antenna... looking more closely at the manual does show something that looks like a retracted conventional radio antenna that's not labelled in the drawings.

    I'd assumed that was the stylus storage slot, but that slot is labelled on the opposite side of the case.

    Now I'm scratching my head too. TV reception, perhaps? Is there mention of a VHF/UHF or FM tuner in the specs somewhere? Or is this some kind of unconventional extender for the Wi-Fi?

    -- Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was for a TV Tunner but that system wont work in USA that's why the manual does not mention it.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.