"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, March 31, 2006

The Term Pocketable

UMPC Buzz has posted a wonderful article about the "pocketability" of Origamis.

Reading the article I started to count how many times I have put my Pocket PCs in my pant pockets. Never. Why? Because they are not really "pocketable". I wont say that I have not heard of anybody carrying a Pocket PC in a pocket but I can say for sure that I have heard many times about displays broken because of that. So, are really the Pocket PC "pocketables". I don't think so. I liked better the terms of PalmSize PC and after that HandHeld PC. They represented better the reality behind these devices.

So, why is that that all those Origami retractors keep saying that Origamis are bad idea because they are not "Pocketables"? am I missing something?

1 comment:

  1. Hey c,

    I carried my iPAQ 2215 in my front pocket and now I carry my OQO there also.

    I had a slim case for the 2215 and the OQO comes with a decent neoprene case with screen protection.

    I switched back in 2002 from a 3955 to the 2215 for the pocketability factor.

    I literally bought into the name "PocketPC."


    Great blog! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.