"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, November 02, 2007

OQO Model e2 UMPC review

oqo_e2_1

Reg Hardware has just reviewed the OQO e2 and here is their verdict:  

The Model e2 is a great example of how diverse the UMPC arena currently is, differing vastly from its rivals. The 5in screen is a reasonable compromise between size and portability, and the slide-down keyboard is the best we’ve seen on a UMPC.

Well, I'm not so convinced about it. So far I have tested two UMPCs with keyboards or wannabe keyboards. In the first one, the Everun I would say that it's good to have it there, in the Fujitsu U810 I would say that it's a shame to have it there. Now I'm waiting for a new "victim" to put under my magnifying glass: The Avox from Ruvo, also known as Gigabyte U60. Which looks very close to this OQO e2.

83139_umpcbig

If you ask me, I will go with the Gigabyte just because it's cheaper and it uses a touch screen instead a wacom digitizer. And no, I'm not crazy, I really believe that for UMPCs the best thing is a touch screen or the combination of both. The other thing is the screen size, the Gigabyte use a 6.5 inches screen that it's a lot better for my eyes. Tongue out

 [Discuss This Topic]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.