"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, April 13, 2007

Few things I have learned today

Microsoft HID driver is causing the i7210 issue when the unit is coming back from hibernation or standby. A test using an earlier version of a beta eGalax Driver revealed that if we disable the option in the power tab of that driver that allow the PC to turn of the touch screen to safe power the hibernation and standby issue disappear.

Unfortunately that driver still does not enable full HID support.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Frank, another good one! I had noticed that my XP install would not recover from sleep or hiberate and would reset or freeze. Although I have a Q1, I tried the new driver anyway, turned off the power saving option and sure enough, the problems disppeared. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.