"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, April 23, 2007

Chatting using an UMPC

Another wonderful article written by Lora at What's new. I'm one of the lucky ones that is in her Messenger list and I can confirm than in more than one occasion she has given me very good advices using this communication tool.

I see sometime other people installing Aol messenger and other instant messengers but I prefer MSN Messenger. The main reason is because it's there, preinstalled in Windows. And believe me, I have used it as one of my Remote Tech Support tools many times. People usually do no like to install new programs in their PCs so to me it's easier to ask them to use what they already have installed.

5 comments:

  1. True... but when you have a mac, MSN sucks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, windows live messenger is practically unusable on a Q1 in landscape mode. Could they possibly waste anymore space? If someone knows how to remove all that useless crap please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. If you are inking you do not have too much space. They waste too much space in things that are not useful at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'm not usually one to patch system files with 3rd party hacks (something to do with my time served at Redmond I guess), but the Messenger team drove me to it...

    www.apatch.org

    With this patch you can turn off every annoying feature messenger can throw at you. Ahh, sweet screen space restored. It does exactly what it claims to do.

    Disclaimer: I can't vouch for this app as this is my first time to use it. A quick google scan didn't turn up anyone complaining about it, and I know it has been around for a long time now. But as always, user beware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll check it today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.