"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, April 11, 2008

Kohjinsha's SR8KPO6S UMPC makes room for optical drive

4-10-08-kohjinsha-sr8kpo6sAccording to news published today in Engadget, a version of the Kohjinsha UMPC with an optical drive will be released at the end of this month.

this 7-incher includes a full-fledged dual-layer DVD writer, which tags along nicely with the 1,024 x 600 resolution LED-backlit panel, 1.3-megapixel camera, 60GB hard drive, 802.11b/g WiFi, Bluetooth and 800MHz A110 processor. It's also filled with 1GB of DDR2 RAM, Ethernet, a duo of USB 2.0 ports, VGA output, audio in / out, 3-in-1 multicard reader and a pair of battery options promising 3.5 / 7.2 hours of life. The 2.4-pound machine looks to be available at the end of this month.

The Kohjinsha is a convertible UMPC that with all these options added  weights around 2.4 pounds. 0.4 more than the initial concept for UMPC where the maximum weight should has been  less than 2 pounds. Add to that the extended battery and probably will end close to 3 pounds. So... It's a matter of weight against options or functionality. Nobody is perfect. For myself I would go with anything less than 2 pounds. I do need the keyboard, the mouse, neither the DVD so why I should carry them fixed to my UMPC if I can have external ones attached in case I need any of them. To me UMPC is all about mobility and a key point in mobility is weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.