"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, April 18, 2008

Atom CPU performance figures

 atomperf_thumb

The numbers were originally posted at Eeepcnews.de but I going to link this comment to a very good one posted by my friend Steve at UMPCPortal.com.

These figures put the Atom ahead of previous estimates which put the Atom @1.6Ghz at the same performance level as an A110 at 800Mhz. A Samsung Q1 Ultra with the A110 returns 2700 and 3000. Remember that the Atom processor can do hyperthreading. I have no idea what affect it has on the test compared to real-life scenarios.

Do you remember guys when I said that the future of UMPC was VIA? Look at these numbers, you can see clearly how Isaiah processor is performing a little bit better than the Atom and of course than the A110. Still, not has good has a Celeron M at 1.6 GHz but I would say that probably better than the one installed in my Q1 at 900 MHz.

I know that you guys from VIA read from time to time my blog. And I know that I was a furious critic of your first C7 installed in my old Amtek T700. But... I'm starting to become a believer! So... if you have any demo UMPC using the Isaiah processor around I'm more than happy to check it and write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.