"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Thursday, October 16, 2008

T-Mobile G1 review - Engadget

Engadget has published the most complete review about the T-Mobile G1 that I have read.

g1_main

The G1 isn't going to blow anyone's mind right out of the gate. Looking only at the hardware, there's nothing here that's particularly impressive, yet nothing that's particularly bad (though the GPS needs some work). It's a fine, solidly designed device that has enough style to please most users -- but it won't win a ton of beauty pageants. Think of it this way: if it were running Windows Mobile, it'd be a footnote in HTC's history.

Well, after reading this review I have to rethink a little bit the whole idea of buying one. There is not any doubt in my mind that Android will be a tough competition for Windows Mobile and for the iPhone. Android has the energy of a teenager while Windows Mobile has not been changed a lot in the last 2 years. At least I do not see there the adventure that I see in the Android any more. If you think about, Windows Mobile still alive because programmers of many other companies are creating amazing applications that compete well again iPhone. But the OS by itself still almost the same since WM5. The problem is that Google/T-Mobile did a huge mistake by picking this HTC design to start the battle against Microsoft and Apple. That together with the few things that I read in this review has made me to reevaluate my plans about buying one. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks.

 

T-Mobile G1 review - Engadget

2 comments:

  1. So you can just wait for the next android phone to come out. I can't wait for the competition to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah! waiting is something very hard for me to do! I like the adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.