"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, July 02, 2007

Blogging at 14 kb/s

It's not funny. Angry

I came from work to find that my phone line at home is dead! And in this case my emergency connection is my Edge phone. So here I'm connected at 115 kbps. Blogging as always from my Q1.

I think that I should start looking for a 3G phone from T-Mobile. Do they have one? It has to be one that can be used with my Q1. I don't want surprises like "I got a pretty phone but I can't use it as a modem".

Let me go slowly to T-Mobile site and check what they have there.

 

Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

  1. T-Mobile hasn't started rolling out a 3G network yet. It probably will be well into 2008 before they really have any kind of significant coverage.

    My advice would be to take a look at getting a USB EVDO modem from Sprint. You don't have to have a phone with them to get a modem and a data plan and the speed is really pretty spectacular. Since buying mine, I very rarely (if ever) use wi-fi hotspots (other than my home network) anymore.

    Although both have similar pricing, coverage, and hardware, I'd go with Sprint over Verizon because they don't have the reputation for trying to redefine the term "unlimited" the way Verizon does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is that I'm not willing to pay 50 dollars for my emergency connection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I dumped T-Mobile for Sprint too because I couldn't take the slow network anymore. I paid $30 a month and couldn't even watch Slingplayer because it was so sporatic and slow. Now I pay $15 a month for Sprint EV-DO and I can watch Slingplayer, play streaming audio and use PIE at the same time. And my bill is about $10 a month more for an otherwise comparable setup to that which I had at T-Mobile. I also got a nice Treo 700wx WM phone which works great as a modem with PDANet. The downside is that I can't use it in Europe. The upside is that I didn't take my T-Mobile phone to Japan with me so when I went to Europe, I got a cheapie prepaid from Vodafone and everyone was happy.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.