"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Sunday, July 06, 2008

TabletKiosk is experimenting with Linux

Here is a video of a TabletKiosk i440D running openSuse 10.3 Linux.

I was surprised to see how well the on screen keyboard works and the presence of Xournal a replacement for Journal an application to takes notes in "Ink" that comes with TabletPC 2005 Edition OS. Even the screen rotation and the fingerprint reader work perfectly.

Are we going to see Linux as an option for this machine? That's the question I'm leaving in the air to TabletKiosk. I hope so, even when I'm happy with Microsoft OS, competition is what's needed to see improvements in any OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.