"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, July 04, 2008

Gigabyte M912V

20080704155147233Gigabyte is going to surprise us with a new netbook running Vista this Summer.

Featuring a 8.9-inch WXGA touch screen display that can be rotated 180 degrees to transform into a tablet pc, the M912V adopts 160GB SATA HDD, a 1.3M camera and LED backlight. 4GB SSD and HSDPA support are optional.

No words at Aving USA about what processor will be using this machine. I just hope that it's a Core Solo... at least.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, frank, sound soooo good. But if I am not wrong, this is not going to be a notebook in the economical sense (and just in the upper limit of size). I mean, this features will mean in two months AT LEAST 850$

    BUT tablet factor is just too compelling for me. I was thinking about a good ole Thinkpad T42, but this is changing my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 700 €!! this happens when you read the news in English first.

    No way. This has the scent of bad expectations management again, and finally it will cost 900. C'mon, if not, gigabyte would be the first in breaking a funny pattern of cheat with early adopters' expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juan, UMPC prices in Euros always have been around the same than the one you see in dollars.

    Here is something a little bit bigger but with a very small price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cannot realize why it is so cheap. My thinkpad X61 doubles the cost of that ahtec. Why is it so cheap.

    I am utterly sincere. This is not astroturfing. I sware by my company's future

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, touch screens are not as expensive as a real digitizer. At this moment you can find UMPC and netbook from 500 to 1000 dollars/Euros. A passive digitizer cost less than 90 dollars.

    One thing, do not expect a very good performance.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.