"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mediom UMPC

I think that the UMPC star in this CES has been the Medion UMPC.

medion_stand

It has been sharing the show with the OQO 02. The Medion should hit the market in about two or three weeks coinciding with Vista release. You can find more details about this UMPC at JKonTheRun where Kevin has posted a mini Review. I really like the design of this UMPC, so far it's the only design with keyboard that I like.

8 comments:

  1. I am puttin up my Q1 on eBay this week starting at .99 - I want one of these Mediom UMPS's bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the design but I do not like the processor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Titanic - why not is the Via any worse than the Celeron?

    Here is my link in case anyone is up for some Q1 Celeron at low $:


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220070912513&rd=1&rd=1

    I think the time to dump first gen is now as come Jan 30th it will be difficult to move them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me it's a lot slower than Celeron. I have both, so I know what I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well after reading about your Vista upgrade issues I decided to just get a new one with Vista pre-installed.

    What is the speed of the Medion Via? I'm sure the quality won't be as high as the Q1 but I can live with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's 1 Ghz, as far as I recall.

    About Vista, do not worry. Sooner or later I'll get it working ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I primarily use web browser and email with occasional Office so I don't think the speed will be too bad. the docking station looks great too!

    btw - I am getting mixed content ssl error messages from IE7 on your site... not sure why you need https for a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's Blogger. I do not have anything to do with those errors I believe.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.