"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Thursday, January 18, 2007

It´s time to do something

Even without Vista, it's a totally different experience using XP Tablet PC Edition with HID Drivers.

I just sent this email to Samsung Tech Support (I'm removing the name of the person I sent the email...)

Hi XXXXX
I recently bought for my Company Windows Vista and I´m having problems installing it on my Q1. I contacted Microsoft about it and they told me that the error I´m getting is because Samsung has to release a BIOS upgrade and drivers for Vista so this OS could work properly in the Q1. In another hand I´m worry about the fact that the Samsung Q1 does not have HID Drivers and without these drivers we will have issues in Vista:
  • different onscreen keyboard no loginscreen Some of these
  • keyboard

  • no Automatic learning on handwriting

  • no floating tip

  • no focus on text field after opening tip

  • no panning hand on IE

  • right click menus popping while scrolling

  • no pen flicks

  • Tablet PC software hided in accessories

  • all tablet PC software not accessible

  • crappy looking handwriting

and the list goes on..

Some of these issues are currently present in XP, so even if Samsung does not support Vista Upgrade in current Q1, the HID Drivers still an issue that needs to be fixed. Under XP Tablet PC Edition we have:

  • no floating tip

  • no focus on text field after opening tip

  • no panning hand on IE

  • right click menus popping while scrolling

  • pen flicks

  • crappy looking handwriting.

Please could you help me in anyway with these issues (Vista Drivers and HID Drivers)?


Thanks in advance


Frank J. (CTitanic)
==============================

2 comments:

  1. I have a Q1 and agree. Do we all need to send a similar email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, the more email we sent them the better chances we will have to get these drivers.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.