"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Friday, May 12, 2006

No more 2.5+ hour of battery life.

Yes, after all this noise TabletKiosk has removed their claim advertising the eo with more than 2.5 hours of battery life. I was patiently waiting since the last Saturday when I first went publich with my statement about the 1 hour and 25 minutes of battery life while browsing. And I waited until I saw that they have removed that from their site. That means only one thing if somebody did not get the message. The eo wont get even close that battery life. Thanks God I took a screen shot of that page in case it's needed. My question is: What they are going to do about it? Like I have said. I do not want any money back. I want what I paid for. I want what they advertised.

3 comments:

  1. Why can't they just get back to you, and say

    "Listen we made a mistake. Were trying really hard to get a fix out for the battery life issue. We are really trying."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because they don't want to admit they made a mistake and the only way to rectify this issue is to open a device recall program, which will cost them lots and lots of money.

    Gus

    ReplyDelete
  3. the funny thing is i'm running an 18 month old Clevo laptop, 15.4" widescreen display, and NHC shows 18.5W power consumption with brightness down.. 21.2w at max brightness (admittedly with my PentiumM CPU running at 600MHz) but we're speaking about a fullblown laptop, with wifi & bluetooth on. To say a UMPC consumes 15W+ at idle is somewhat ridiculous.

    The Q1's calculated 10w power consumption is much more reasonable. A couple watts more could probably be shaved off with a Pentium M ULV CPU in that (and I'm sure a Q1+ will be on the way sooner or later)..

    The EO must have something pretty badly screwed up, however Tabletkiosk aren't OEMs as far as I know, so answers-wise I guess the best they can do is hammer their asian OEM's.

    With equal battery life I would have chosen an EO above a Q1 for the nicer looks, bigger HD, even for being a non-intel. As things are, the tried-and-tested Intel 915 solution seems the way to go..

    just my 2c worth ;)

    Many thanks again to Ctitanic for all the time he's spent checking out this stuff for us at his own expense..

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.