"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

First UMPC with DVDROM integrated

cosaKohjinsha has began to market in Korea it's model SR8KP06 which includes a integrated DVDROM becoming in this way in the first one to do that. May be for some users to have a integrated DVDROM is something that they can't live without it. To me, it's a waste of space and an extra weight to carry. I like more the idea of having a external DVDROM drive that I can carry when ever I need only.

2 comments:

  1. The majority of people I know and work with will not buy a notebook without an optical drive.
    When introduced to two of the UMPCs I have ... one of the first things that comes up is the optical drive.

    Some people don't want the added complexity of multiple machines, transferring and/or networking to install something And, I think that's a valid point, if people look at it from the consumer perspective of an ultra compact all-in-one device, then this convertible with optical drive is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using UMPC for more than a year, and I have not needed a DVDROM yet in my daily use. Why to carry one? You can get everything you need copied from CDs and DVDs into your home network or USB memory stick and install it from there. The same thing happens with Keyboards, why to have one integrated if you don´t use it that often. I´m more for a pure Origami concept shown years ago by Bill Gate, the lighter and smaller PC we can get.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.