"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Amtek U560 UMPC review at UMPCPortal.com

For some reason my RSS feed from UMPCPortal is not working any more and as result I missed this wonderful review shot and written by Steve "Chippy"

This is the first time I've used XP on a Stealey CPU for any length of time and I have to say that, in combination with the GMA950 it's a great performer. Not as fast as my Q1P but faster than the 1.2Ghz WiBrain I'm also testing at the moment. In terms of video playback performance I was incredibly impressed...and then I noticed that the device was in 600Mhz battery saving mode. When I switched it into full-power mode, increasing the cpu speed by 30%, it was really impressive and handled about every video I threw at it. Right up to a 7Mbps WMV HD video. Even games were running well. Call of Duty (see video) a demo installed on the test device, worked impressively smoothly. Take a look at the videos below which were done with the device locked at 600Mhz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.