"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

CNET Asia Top 5 UMPC

CNET Asia has published today the list of the 5 best UMPC of 2007. First of all, let me clarify that for these guys anything with a display about 7 inches or less is a UMPC. For me a UMPC is a device with that same screen size but with a digitizer, this means, a touch screen, wacom digitizer or the combination of both. For example, the Asus Eee with a Celeron M processor at 900 MHz, it's in my opinion a good subnotebook. No questions about it. But to me it does not classify as UMPC because it does not have a touch screen or any kind of digitizer. The CNET Asia's top list is the classical list of somebody that does not understand the Tablet PC concept: most of the devices are of the type convertible. But I'm glad to see that if you compare it to my list, at least we are agree in two machines: the Everun from Raon Digital and the Gigabyte U60. Both are good machines. Here is the CNET Asia Top 5 UMPC

1- Asus Eee PC 701 - To me a subnotebook, not a UMPC.

2- EasyNote XS20 - the worse design I have ever seen in a device

3- Gigabyte U60 - Included in my list.

4- Kohjinsha SH6 - I mentioned it in my list but I did not selected because it's too "bulky".

5- Everun - Included in my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.