"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Windows 7 is not better than Vista!?

That’s the message published recently in this article written by Randall C. Kennedy. I have to confess that I have not analyzed deeply his article but I’m sure that he has ran some benchmarks and tests to say what he said on that article. And I have to confess that at this point it just confuses me. Is he running the same W7 that I installed yesterday on my old 900 MHz Celeron M Samsung Q1? Because his results are far away from my experiences in the short period of time that I was using W7 on my machine Yesterday. It was a short time but enough for me to notice the difference in a machine that was used by me with Vista as my main machine for more than a Year.

I have not ran any tests or benchmarks yet because I wanted to fix first my drivers issues. But so far I can feel the difference. W7 responds a lot faster than Vista and if there is anything that is worrying me is that I see another “Drivers catastrophe” coming with this new release. I was expecting to see full compatibility between Vista and W7 drivers and apparently that’s not going to be the case.

At this moment I have one thing clear in my mind. The version of W7 that I have installed in my UMPC is what I want to have on it. No XP, No Vista but W7. At least that version is performing in my UMPC like a combination of the good things of XP and Vista. It’s not perfect but having fixed some of the worse performance issues gives me a lot of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.