"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Google Chrome is not Tablet and touch friendly

I'm glad to see that I'm not the one saying that since day one. Chrome does not support Tablet PCs or UMPCs or any touch screen device. And that's basically what Incremental Blogger is saying. 

I will say, that so far, it appears that the browser is too keyboard/mouse centric for me. I think it could be designed better for a touch device (or Tablet PC device).

This is something that all Tablet PC and UMPC owners have been fighting from day one the first Tablet was sold to the marked, the only browser with "support" for this devices is IE. There are few things and add-ons for Firefox that help but still nothing like IE. And I'm a FireFox user so I know what I'm talking about. To use the ink feature in forums like todoUMPC or Gottabemobile I need to use IETab in Firefox, to give you an example. And so far I have not found any workaround on Chrome to make it more Tablet PC friendly, of course, this is a beta version and it's not a bad one so I hope to see more coming from Google.

1 comment:

  1. It's possible to make Opera a little more tablet friendly -- go to the url "opera:config" and search for "scroll is pan" and check the box, then click save.

    Then you can use a finger to move the webpage around... though it's not as good as it is in IE7, honestly. But it's an alternative! The small 'X' on the tab bar is hard to hit since it's too small, though...

    ...but none of this matters anyway since Opera technically doesn't allow their product to be installed on Tablets: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/605141.html :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.