"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Monday, April 28, 2008

I finally bought it...

Everything started when alltp.com sent me one unit to review. Since then, I have been thinking about how to get a P1610. Yes, I know that the new P1620 has a Dual Core resulting in a lot better performance but the price like in any new toy still to high. So I did not think twice the last Friday when I saw the opportunity to buy a refurbished P1610, with 1 GB of RAM, 60 GB HDD, 6 cell battery and a Port Replicator included for just 960 dollars.

Why I bought it? Well, if you check my review of this mini Tablet you will find part of the reason:

The Fujitsu P1610 is just a Swiss Knife. None of the current UMPC in the market can come close to what this device offers. But at the same time you have to be prepare to pay around 2300 dollars if you want the P1610 loaded with 1 GB of RAM, a 60 GB HDD and Tablet PC Edition. One thousand dollars more than what you usually pay for the best loaded UMPC. If you are a professional photographer sending pictures to your news paper you wont find a better companion than this one. It's small but it's powerful at the same time. If you are in a field where you need a powerful Small Factor PC all the time with you, with a Indoor/Outdoor display, the Fujitsu P1610 is what you are looking for. But if you are looking for a companion PC probably you will save 1000 dollars getting a UMPC. But keep in mind, it wont be that powerful.

2300 dollars was too much for me... but $960 that's completely another picture.

The P1610 is about the same size of a UMPC with extended battery.

Everybody knows that I'm using since almost two years ago UMPCs as my main PCs. My Samsung Q1 has served me well but it's Intel Celeron M is slow in video editing tasks and that's something that I do almost every weekend. Everybody knows also that I have been looking for an UMPC that could bring me a better performance. But currently in the market there are basically two options, either you buy the Samsung Q1U Premium with an Intel Core Solo or you buy a Sony UX. My eyes are not well enough for the UX and I do not like the Q1U Premium - if I'm going to have an integrated keyboard gives me something that really works.

Now I'm selling my Q1 and my eo V7110 to pay for my new toy.

I'm asking for my eo v7110 $600 (that includes shipping), it was upgraded to 1 GB of RAM and a 100 GB HDD running at 7200 rpm which makes this UMPC faster than any other machine using the same processor. In this price are also included a 6 cells (3 hours) and 9 cells (around 5 hours) extended battery. This unit is using Windows XP Tablet PC 2005 Edition.

I'm selling my Samsung Q1 for 700 dollars (Including Shipping), that includes a 6 cells extended battery. This unit is running Vista Business (the original Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 is included) and it has been upgraded to 2 GB of RAM.

In both cases, I'm including the original CDs that came with them.  In both cases I have been using screen protectors so the screen looks like new in both devices.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Frank, I'm keen to buy your Q1P. How do I contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephen, but the Q1P is the version with a Pentium M processor. The one I have is the Q1 which is the one with a Celeron M.

    If you still want it, please let me know here.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.