"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Amazon Kindle for iPhone

No doubt about it, Amazon is conquering the world of eBooks!

Kindle for iPhone application was just released to iTunes marketplace and is available for download! What it does is it brings most of the Amazon Kindle functionality to iPhone or iPod Touch.

There is not anything clearly said about the DRM protection of these eBooks neither the file format used but my guess is that they still protected and the same restrictions that Amazon has for Kindles will apply to iPhones. And I do not have any problem with that. Amazon lets you add up to 5 Kindles into your account, that means that all members of your family can read your purchased books at anytime. In another hand, Amazon acts like your personal library. If you buy a new Kindle replacing your old one as soon as you connect it to your account all your books become available to you. You won’t have old problem any more where your downloaded eBooks get lost if your device brakes. That never happens.

Kindle For iPhone and iPod Touch

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the DRM is clearly still in place. Actually the app itself is probably the least sophisticated eReader I have on my touch. No frills at all. But the content on the Kindle store is amazing.

    Only one thing stops me from buying those books - there is no way for me to read them on my computer. All my other ebooks can be read on my computer either through a web interface or standalone app. I don't understand why they don't do this.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted, do not waste your time.