"The only way to be truly satisfied, is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." Steve Jobs
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia

My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Finally an answer to our HID Drivers problems

I spent a few hours Yesterday trying to have the Q1 touch screen recognized as a touch screen and not as a mouse by Vista. And I never succeeded. Every time I tried there was a mouse in my Device Manager instead of a touch screen. And once again the only way to make it work was installing the Touchkit from egalax. Noticing that I thought that my next logical step could not be anything else than contacting eGalax so I sent them an email and few hours later I got a reply from them:

Dear Ctitanic,

Yes. Both Amtek T700 and Samsung Q1 use eGalax's chip solution. Amtek T700 use serial interface of digitizer and Samsung Q1 apply USB interface of controller. However, because design of Q1 is somewhat different. Anyway, we will release a new HID digitizer driver for USB interface digitizer controller soon.

With that driver, that can meet what you want, I think. Pls just wait for a while.

Alex

So this explains why Samsung has not released any Vista drivers for our old Q1s. They just do not have a solution. This email also explain why the newest Q1p with Vista does not use the Touchkit; they just changed the hardware design to use a serial interface. That means that at this point there is nothing that we can do about it but wait for eGalax.

Probably would be good if you guys show some interest in these drivers for Vista to eGalax. They probably are looking for beta testers (I'm just speculating here).