Frank J Garcia
Hollywood, FL 33024
ctitanic at gmail.com
To obtain a position in the IT Field where I am able to continue utilizing my skills and expertise to further corporate business development.
- More than Ten Years of Experience in a Leadership position as an IT Manager.
- Proficient in Crystal Report writing, BO Server Administration and Visual FoxPro Application Design and Development.
- Experienced in Visual Basic .NET, VB Script, SQL, various Web and Enterprise Technologies including; Website Design, Oracle EBS Administration, Microsoft Office, Access, Exchange and Open Office.
- Master of Science & B.S. in Civil Engineering.
IT Manager, 1999 - 2011
Dayton Granger, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Managing a Team of 3 Employees, in an environment with 13 Servers and 110 networked PCs, providing full support to all IT needs of the company, including Level II/III Technical Support to resolve advanced, escalated issues for more than 250 end users.
- In charge of determining what projects to accomplish per year, managing these projects within an available annual budget.
- Created more than 100 Crystal Reports for Kewill Max for Windows (ERP), approximately 50 Reports for Oracle EBS with an estimated market value of around $200,000 and a few reports for Abra for Windows Human Resource solution.
- Developed 7 Database Systems in Visual FoxPro 9 covering: Accounting, Document Controls, Inventory and the History Files being migrated to VFP from Max for Windows.
- Coordinated the project management in the implementation of Oracle EBS and developed all the code needed for the Data Migration from Pervasive SQL to the necessary data structures required by Oracle, this reduced the cost of the implementation in 17%.
- Responsible for the Administration of the Oracle EBS Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Recommended and Supervised the implementation of Abra for Windows and ADI Time Employee Biometric Time Management System, drastically reducing human error, the amount of time spent manually calculating payroll and attendance problems.
- Developed VFP tools needed for the analysis of Labor Data integrated between ADI Time in Microsoft SQL 2000 and Oracle MES based on Oracle Databases, helping in the Efficiency and Cost Control.
- Reduced operational costs by implementing VMware Virtualization Systems, saving in overall hardware cost.
- Supervised the creation and implementation of IT Policies including E-mail and Internet Use Policies.
- Supervised the migration from Windows XP to Windows 7 and trained all users in the use of this Operating System. Having the same software and hardware in all clients PC reduced the support cost in 40%.
- Implemented a video surveillance system with 16 video CCTV cameras around the building remotely controlled from a PC.
Lead Developer, 1998 -1999
Dayton Granger, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Converted 7 FoxPro for DOS applications to Visual FoxPro.
Built small applications Visual Basic .NET
Database Programmer, 1996 – 1998
Creating Database Systems in Clipper, Foxbase and Visual Fox Pro. Teaching Computer Basis – How to use Windows, Office, Internet, etc.
Lead Engineer, 1987 – 1995
Responsible for the construction of Hydraulic and Civil Structures (Drains, Reservoirs, dams, channels, etc.) in Cuba.
Moskovskij Meliorativnij Institut, Moscow, Russia.
B.S. & Master of Sciences, 1982-1987
Honors and Achievements
In my own time, I created Tweaks2k2 (http://www.tweaks2k2.com/), an application in VB .NETCF for PocketPCs and worked as a freelancer and news editor for http://www.todoumpc.com/, http://www.mobilitysite.com/ and http://www.ultramobilepc-tips.com/.
Since 2007, I have been awarded by Microsoft for 4 consecutive years as Most Valuable Professional (http://www.tweaks2k2.comhttp://www.tweaks2k2.com/).
- .NET Framework
- Visual Basic 6.0, VB .NET for Compact Framework, VB .NET
- Linux; Ubuntu and Red Hat
- Windows 95/2000/XP/Vista/7 and Windows Server 2000/2003
Fluent in English, Russian and Spanish