The error S0a00 is the Comcast equivalent to the DirectTV booting process that last less than 3 minutes and happens in both systems when the power fails and then it's restored back in few seconds. The only difference is that in Comcast this booting process can take a lot more time... 10 minutes... 20... Or even more. Sometimes you even have to call Tech Support to get it fixed. Comcast probably has other advantages over DirectTV but this, this is not one of them. Here in Florida short power failures are common because of the huge amount of lightning strikes during summer.
Update: I called Comcast and they were having some problems in my area. The signal was restored after 40 minutes. After that another power failure but this time I got the signal back in less than a minute.
Once "inking" gets into your veins you will never be able to live without it. Frank J. Garcia
My Surface PRO 3 'Must Have' Accessories List
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Yesterday many pages reported the release of Google+ for iPhone. The part that was not reported by many was that the application was so buggy, it crashed so many times, that in less than one hour Google was forced to release a second version of it trying to fix some of the problems. Unfortunately it seems that the second release was not good enough either because the application was retired from the Apple's AppStore in less than 12 hours from it release. Was Apple the one removing the application asking Google to fix it? Or was Google the one asking Apple to remove it to fix all the issues? Who knows...
Posted by frank garcia at 10:17 PM
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
Is this a good idea? I'm nobody to answer this question because I have to confess that I never have played any of the games for this platform. But I have to recognize that everybody knows what is an Atari. So that said. The iCade is like some sort of cabinet armed with joystick and buttons that will help you to enjoy more than 100 Atari games.
Posted by frank garcia at 7:37 PM
Monday, July 04, 2011
Recently I got a WD Elements 160 Gb external HDD. Right on time because my RUVO MC was almost full so I needed to move few movies out of it. I connected the USB HDD and start moving the first 1.5 Gb movie. Something was wrong, a process that should not have taking more than few minutes now was taking more than 20 minutes. I did some research online and for my surprise found many users reporting the same issue since the release of Windows 7. There is not any fix from Microsoft so far but the good news is that I found following the above link in the wonderful Technet forum the solution.
How to fix this issue:
Disable Superfetch and Remote Differential Compression.
Superfetch can be disabled by;
Going to start > right clicking Computer > Click Manage > Choose Services and Applications > Services
Find "Superfetch" in the list, and right click > Properties > Change "Startup Type" to "Disabled"
Then Hit "Stop" then "Apply"
Remote Differential Compression can be disabled by:
Going to Start: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > "Turn Windows Features on or Off"
Uncheck Remote Differential Compression and Click OK.
Restart the computer after these changes.
Posted by frank garcia at 10:45 AM